Monday, April 11, 2011

Enter freely and of your own will.



A bunch of the rifts group decided to flake out on the game tonight, so instead the group that was remaining and Seer K and I all played the Ravenloft board game.  The game plays like a modified version of the 4th ed D&D system, in a very self contained and smaller way. Everything you need to know is in 1 slim book and there is a second book full of scenarios.  The basic classes of 4th ed are represented: Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard. This board game will kill you. The expectation is that you will loose most of the time. The monsters are only 50 percent of the damage. Pretty much each turn you draw an encounter card that is 70 percent bum fuckery and 30 percent punch in the gut.  I believe that this helps to keep that horror aspect of Ravenloft alive. After all this is the setting where going in you know you are in a bad way. Ravenloft is not the lang of hugs and puppies oh no it is the land of shadows and screams. Just the way I like it. I give the game 4 out of 5 skulls. The only reason it does not get 5 out of 5 is there learning curve is not friendly andI am already wishing there were more options.

I have also been  playing a bit more dungeon fighter online (server: cain character: vraxus) as I don;t have the money for wow and my computer graphics card seems to want to have a heart attack at random points while playing it.

I suggest DFO for a sometimes distraction if you like loot and arcade beat em ups like final fight and such. DFO gets 3 out of 5 skulls.

Till next time, cry havoc and let loose, well me!

No comments:

Post a Comment